Your “Whole-Family” Dentist: Family Dentistry in Murfreesboro
Looking for a full-service dental office in Murfreesboro?
Family dentistry—sometimes called “general dentistry”—usually includes preventive care, maintenance, and minor procedures. Because Cosmetic Dentistry of Murfreesboro is a full-service dental design studio, we can create unique care plans for each member of your family that will keep their teeth and gums healthy.
General Dentistry—Not General Care
- Teeth cleanings: We recommend all age groups receive regular cleanings about every six months to help prevent cavities, gum disease, and other oral health issues—not to mention we’ll polish your teeth to a shine.
- Examinations and x-rays: As part of your regular check-up appointment, Dr. Nicholson carefully looks for any new or potential problems, like tooth decay, breakage, infection, gum-tissue health, disease, and hygiene issues. Be assured that our x-ray equipment is safe, and we take great care to keep it well-maintained.
- Periodontal (gum) care: It is just as important to keep your gums healthy as it is to keep your teeth healthy. Gum disease is often undetected—there’s no pain and sometimes, no swelling or bleeding—until much more serious issues arise, like tooth or bone loss. It is treatable, however, especially if it’s caught early. Regular check-ups go a long way in preventing gum disease.
- Oral cancer screenings: Included in all regular check-ups (no extra charge).
- Extractions: While we make every effort to save your natural tooth, in rare cases sometimes an extraction might be necessary. We will explore all options, and if we determine an extraction is the best course of action, be assured we will handle as gently as possible. And there are various steps we can take to keep you relaxed and comfortable during the procedure.
- Patient education: One of the most valuable tools we provide all of our patients is dental health education. And when we teach children about proper at-home dental health care—brushing, flossing, and other ways they can care for their teeth between appointments—we make it fun!
- Emergency care: Yes, call us. Yes, we will see you. Priority is given to regular patients.
- Tooth-colored fillings: Sometimes referred to as “composite” or “white” fillings, these are safe and durable when a cavity needs to be filled.
- Bridges: When it comes to missing teeth, we literally close the gap! Dental bridges not only improve your smile, they can also help you speak and chew better. Learn why our bridges are distinctly different, in terms of quality.
- Dentures: Nicholson is a restorative dentistry artist! Each and every set is custom made for maximum comfort, whether you select permanent implants or traditional, removable dentures. He also repairs broken or loose-fitting dentures. Most denture repairs are ready same-day.
- Root canals: Sometimes referred to as “endodontics,” root canals can save a tooth even when its soft interior (called the “pulp chamber”) becomes infected. Once we clean out what’s bothering your tooth, it will continue to function without the pain and sensitivity you were likely experiencing before the procedure.
Experience the Difference: Our “No” Guarantees vs. “No Guarantees”
What makes ours the best family dentistry practice in Murfreesboro? Cosmetic Dentistry of Murfreesboro is mindful of your time and preferences. Our family-friendly, patient-focused approach addresses the unique dental health concerns for all life stages and ages.
That’s why we took a spin on the phrase “no guarantees” to bring you the following “no” guarantees:
- No double-booking: In fact, with Covid-19, we only see one patient at a time (whole-family appointments are still available).
- No waiting: We love our patients, but understand they may not want to hang out with us all day.
- No rush: While we will not make you wait, we purposely build extra time into your appointment to address questions, ensure your comfort, and care for you and your family’s needs.
- No stairs to climb, even outside: ADA compliant for wheelchairs and those who walk with assistance.
- No hunting, stalking, or squeezing for a space: Just convenient, accessible parking.
Their youngest pediatric patients to their young-at-heart senior patients agree: Dr. Nicholson and his team are the stand-out favorite for whole-family dentistry in Murfreesboro. It’s no wonder that Cosmetic Dentistry of Murfreesboro has received the esteemed Ruthies® award five years running as Rutherford County’s favorite dentist!
Because we are a locally owned and operated family dentistry office in Murfreesboro, each step of your patient experience is guided by a live human being (remember those?). For your convenience, you may download paperwork or book appointments online . . . but we’re not a chain, nor owned by an outside investor, so you remain our top priority.
As our family dentistry patient, you receive our undivided attention—that’s our promise.
Cosmetic Dentistry of Murfreesboro accepts payment in cash, checks, and most major credit cards. And we’re happy to file your insurance; however, we strongly encourage you to check with your provider in advance of your appointment regarding any network requirements. Affordable payment plans and online payments are also available through CareCredit®.
See? We give you many reasons to smile.
1819 Lascassas Pike • Murfreesboro, Tennessee • 37130