Your “Whole-Family” Dentist: Family Dentistry in Murfreesboro
Family dentistry—sometimes called “general dentistry”—usually includes preventive care, maintenance, and minor procedures. Because Cosmetic Dentistry of Murfreesboro is a full-service dental design studio, we can create unique care plans for each member of your family that will keep their teeth and gums healthy.
General Dentistry—Not General Care
In terms of caring for your entire family, Cosmetic Dentistry of Murfreesboro is a one-stop shop without the one-size-fits-all approach. Dr. Nicholson is sensitive to the specific dental health needs of each generation, from kids to seniors. He works closely with his team to provide gentle, yet precise preventive family dentistry services, including:
- Teeth cleanings: We recommend all age groups receive regular cleanings about every six months to help prevent cavities, gum disease, and other oral health issues—not to mention we’ll polish your teeth to a shine.
- Examinations and x-rays: As part of your regular check-up appointment, Dr. Nicholson carefully looks for any new or potential problems, like tooth decay, breakage, infection, gum-tissue health, disease, and hygiene issues. Be assured that our x-ray equipment is safe, and we take great care to keep it well-maintained.
- Periodontal (gum) care: It is just as important to keep your gums healthy as it is to keep your teeth healthy. Gum disease is often undetected—there’s no pain and sometimes, no swelling or bleeding—until much more serious issues arise, like tooth or bone loss. It is treatable, however, especially if it’s caught early. Regular check-ups go a long way in preventing gum disease.
- Oral cancer screenings: Included in all regular check-ups (no extra charge).
- Patient education: One of the most valuable tools we provide all of our patients is dental health education. And when we teach children about proper at-home dental health care—brushing, flossing, and other ways they can care for their teeth between appointments—we make it fun!
- Emergency care: Yes, call us. Yes, we will see you. Priority is given to regular patients.
Dr. Nicholson applies the same expertise when additional repairs are needed in the best interest of the patient’s health, like:
- Tooth-colored fillings: Sometimes referred to as “composite” or “white” fillings, these are safe and durable when a cavity needs to be filled.
- Bridges: When it comes to missing teeth, we literally close the gap! Dental bridges not only improve your smile, they can also help you speak and chew better. Learn why our bridges are distinctly different, in terms of quality.
- Root canals: Sometimes referred to as “endodontics,” root canals can save a tooth even when its soft interior (called the “pulp chamber”) becomes infected. Once we clean out what’s bothering your tooth, it will continue to function without the pain and sensitivity you were likely experiencing before the procedure.
Their youngest pediatric patients to their young-at-heart senior patients agree: Dr. Nicholson and his team are the stand-out favorite for whole-family dentistry in Murfreesboro. It’s no wonder that Cosmetic Dentistry of Murfreesboro has received the esteemed Ruthies® award five years running as Rutherford County’s favorite dentist!
See? We give you many reasons to smile.
Not sure where to start? Schedule a consultation and together, we’ll design a customized plan that fits your schedule, budget, and most importantly, your goals.